At Our Lady of Lourdes we believe students who develop social and emotional competence are happier, have more rewarding relationships with their peers, are more resilient in the face of stress and perform better academically.
We believe that a sense of wellbeing is central to students’ ability to learn and that a supportive and nurturing environment contributes to the development of their sense of worth, enthusiasm for learning and optimism for the future.
We endeavour to do this by:
- providing a secure and nurturing learning environment
- providing support for the development of the social and emotional wellbeing of each student
- implementing programs to improve student
- engagement and which address their individual needs
- assisting students to develop the skills necessary for healthy relationships
- increasing student awareness and involvement in community and social justice issues worldwide.